Social Media Policy
The Franklin Center will work to provide the most rewarding social media presence we can. AOWL is committed to linking to rich resources and articles from organizations outside our own in order to share resources and thought-provoking perspectives. Please note: Franklin Center does not control content, comments, or advertising on these sites.
- Franklin Center is committed to both monitoring and engaging in conversations on our social media platforms. Social media moderators check each platform at different intervals throughout the day and, therefore, are not always able to address issues or questions immediately. For immediate assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Franklin Center is not responsible for conversations about our posts that take place on another account’s page.
- In addition to all this, please understand each social media platform has its own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the actions of the platform.
These guidelines are intended to encourage a robust digital community, not to limit it. We encourage our followers to:
- Ask questions of one another and ourselves.
- Share your own idea.
- Learn from continuing conversations. Don’t be afraid to ask for more information, say you’re wrong or apologize.
The Franklin Center social media moderator may remove any comment or post on our social media pages at any time for any reason at the discretion of the organization.
In order to create an informative, engaging, and welcoming digital presence, we expect members of our digital community to uphold the following standards:
- Make all comments and posts related to the topics at hand.
- “Listen” and read with an open mind.
- Engage in debate respectfully. You can question facts and ideas without questioning the person who posted them.
Failure to follow these standards may lead to your comments being hidden, deleted, or reported. Moderators may also issue a warning, or, in extreme cases, block your account. To alert a moderator to comment, please send a direct message or contact email@example.com.
The following will not be tolerated:
- Threats of bodily, physical, or emotional harm
- Foul language of any sort (this will be determined at the discretion of the moderator)
- Pornographic images or statements
- Hate language, including based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, age, education, or physicality
- Illegal activities
- Anything that compromises the safety of the individuals
These posts will be removed as soon as the moderator becomes aware of them. To alert the moderator to a post, please send a direct message or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Franklin Center is pleased to have community members participate in our social media platforms. Thank you so much for your time and support. Happy posting!